Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Day 1: 1/1/14

Not sure if I should start with day 1 or continue and call this day 144. Thinking of going with 1 since I'm already feeling like I don't want to do this. First day and first week will be the hardest. I know that. But I still feel like I want my sweets which is probably a good indication of why I should cut them.

This time around is going to be a little different. I'm not doing it to prove I have will power or what my body doesn't tolerate. I know I have will power and I know that I can't stomach gluten. This time is going to be more about seeing if my workouts improve. I think it may be hard to measure since I'm still new and making a lot of gains but it will be interesting to see none the less. 

I don't have everything set and stone with what I want to do with this. I will be sticking to a "primal" diet with around 1-3 cheat meals a week. I've learned a lot more about nutrition (still don't know everything) but I think that is the route to go for what I want to get out of it. I don't want to deprive my body of things it "wants" and there is benefits to spiking your insulin. However, I don't want to get too loose on my goals since I could spiral downwards and not stay on track. My thoughts now are one dinner a week (our Saturday dinner) and possibly one treat (probably Saturday as well since C doesn't care if he eats a donut or two). I will know more as my journey progresses. 

I still need to set specific numbers I want to reach but I'm not quite sure how yet. I want to make reachable goals but don't know how to necessary say why they are reachable. For example, I can deadlift 200# right now. In my head, I would love to get to 260# because that's double my body weight. Now I have NO idea if that's something that is reachable or way out of my league. Maybe it's super easy and I'll be there in two months. I just don't know. So number setting may not be in my league. Another area is my weight. I have no idea what to do with it! Do I want to drop back down to 120# and stay all muscle (is that even possible?) or go up to 135-140#? Or even 145#? I have no idea!! I obviously want to get stronger and lift more so I know I need to continue to get bigger but will that come at a cost? Will I ever even be able to be 140#? If I start cutting out my treats like I will be for the next month then I know I'm going to lose weight. Hmm. Another bump in the road.

So as you can see, this blog is riddled with questions. Stress, anxiety and excitement about the next few months are all in this wheel house! I want to eat well, train hard and place top 10 in Rookie Rumble 4 (well top 3 but really 1st) are what I want to accomplish. Could that be possible? Probably not but I still want to think it can be. I better stop with all the what ifs. Let me move onto my food for the day. The main reason of this blog. Food tracker.

Breakfast: 10am
-Two eggs, four slices reduced sodium bacon, veggies and half an a avocado 
-Fish oil, magnesium and zyretcd
-Water (30oz)

Drank 30oz of water during the WOD. Had a protein shake after along with an apple and two dates.

After the WOD: 3pm
-Pork, sweet potato and half an avocado
-Fish oil
-Water (30oz) 

Forgot to mention that I'm doing my food portions like this:
1/3 protein, 1/3 veggies, 1/3 fat

And for after WODs:
1/2 protein, 1/2 carbs and possibly a little fat to help keep me full

That will be how I will be portioning my meals from now on. 

Just went to Whole Foods to buy some boxes of Quest bars and they didn't have them. So mad. And we forgot coconut milk. Did get some good things to hold us over though. Guess I'm going to have to suck it up and spend some money on amazon to get some paleo treats. Just tried the banana nut clusters you sent and they are amazing! Will definitely be using those when I need something crunchy. Also just had a mozzarella cheese bar. Only four left so I will eat those then stop. I'm allowing some dairy like Greek yogurt so I'm not too against it. Just don't want to have it a ton since we still think I have a slight intolerance to it.

Oh, I texted but didn't write- I had a chocolate peanut butter quest bar. That's why we wanted to go to Whole Foods. It was so good. It will definitely serve as a treat type meal for me so I can have something chocolatey. Gonna go look now at them online...

Dinner: 8pm
-4.3oz chicken, peas and guacamole 
-Fish oil and magnesium 
-30oz water

Never would have guessed that was 4oz of chicken!! I have definitely been jipping (keeps changing this to kipping- is that how it's spelled?) myself on protein! So happy we got that food scale. I won't measure much else besides meat but originally I had half that on my plate and thought it was a lot. Learning new things everyday.

About to eat two pieces of mango now. Can't wait to start doing my coconut smoothies again!! And for our creatine to get here. Can't believe we ran out. I will be making lots of coconut-protein-creatine smoothies!! Woohoo!

So to cap out the first day- I had those two slices of dried mango and a handful of the paleo nut cluster.

Good night.

120oz water consumed plus 12oz in protein shake.

Weight- 132.4lb





No comments:

Post a Comment